Thursday, July 14, 2011

New ring

I've been feeling crafty & wanted to make some jewelry.  While flipping through a book at Michael's I saw this ring and loved it and had to make it.


I used:
-Beading Wire
-3mm Diamond Cut Faceted Glass Beads (68)
-3mm Silver Beads (4)
-Wire Cutter
-Wire Rounder

The beading wire i used was already raveled in a ring shape tightness.  I cut it so there were 3 complete circles, with the cut off pieces both in the back.  I looped one end with the wire rounders, so the beads wouldn't fall off.  I put about 10 of the amethyst diamond cut beads, then one silver bead.  I continued with this pattern, off setting the silver beads, until the ring was filled up.  I looped the other end and was done! 
The beading wire I used is pretty tight, but you are able to stretch it or tighten it a little to fit your finger comfortably.

I'm working on a necklace & bracelet...those should be up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment