Friday, October 29, 2010

I LOVE Bare Escentuals!

I just got some awesome eyeshadow kits from Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals that I want to share, but I feel I should back peddle & explain how I got turned onto Bare Escentuals in the first place.

For the past 6 months I have been attending Elizabeth Grady School of Esthetics & Massage Therapy to become an esthetician.  There are 3 components to our course, Theory class, Practical class & Make Up class. 
In our Make Up class we were introduced to mineral makeup.  I'm not too familiar with it, I tried Sheer Cover before & I like it (coverage wise), but I could never mix the powders properly to get the right color so I stopped using it. 
Elizabeth Grady has their own line of make up and mineral foundation is one of their products.  We started using it in class & I liked it alot.  It's real easy to use & you can decide what kind of coverage you want.  Mineral foundation is buildable, so you can do a light application for sheer coverage, or keep applying until you achieve the coverage you want.  It blends right into your skin, so no harsh lines of where your makeup ends, you know what I'm talking about...that dreaded line along the chin!  And its "good" for your skin as well!  It's natural, doesn't contain all the chemicals in a lot of makeup and there is SPF in it also!
After trying it in class I was sold on it.  I love the way it blends into your skin, looks natural, but covers all your blemishes.  Only one problem, they did not have a color that matched my skin.  :/  I used to 2 non retail powders together to get the right color. 

I went to Sephora on a mission to find a mineral foundation for myself (thanks to Jimmy for the gift card for my bday xo).  I went to each brand that had a mineral foundation & swatched a few colors on my face to see what matched.  After what seemed like forever, and a lot of lines along my face I asked an employee for help.  I told her I was looking for a mineral foundation, didn't have any specific brand in mind, what do you have for me.  Immediately she said Bare Minerals, it's our #1 selling foundation, everyone loves it. She put it on my face & I was impressed.  I decided to go with the bareMinerals Customizable Get Started Kit.
You pick out the foundation color(20 shades to choose from) that best suits you & add it to this kit that comes with:
- 0.05 All-Over Face Color in Warmth
- 0.07 oz Original Mineral Veil
- Full Flawless Face Brush
- Flawless Application Face Brush
- Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush
- Get Started DVD
- BONUS - Exclusively for SEPHORA : 0.5 oz Prime Time Foundation Primer
To me it is really a great deal to buy this altogether because it would be so expensive to buy each thing separately.  In addition to the kit I also bought a concealer.

I have been using it for about a month now & I'm really happy with it.  I like that I don't have to worry about applying too much & it feels good on my skin.  I forget that I have it on. I never have that suffocated feeling.


This brings me to my new eyeshadow kits I purchased.  It's called bareMinerals Tutorials™ Library. 
It's another great kit by Bare Escentuals where you purchase this all together & you save so much money by not buying each shadow & brush separately.   Bare Escentuals has another line out, Buxom.  I have been using the mascara for a long time now, and I just found out that it is exclusive to Sephora.  I also have a black cream eyeliner from this line too. 



In the Buxom line they have the Buxom Stay-There Eye Shadow which I have been drawn to for a while because of their awesome colors.  They are all named after different types of dogs, I got Pug.

All my goodies!

Buxom Stay There Eye Shadow in Pug. Its a pretty steel grayish color with a little hint of purple.  I like the consistency, its almost like a creamy powder.


They recommend using the Buxom Stay There Eye Shadow Brush

 


The 4 Tutorial Kits



Rocker Eye
I really like the Rocker Eye.  It gives you a couple options, so you can make the look really dark & dramatic, or leave it not so "heavy metal."   The Pug Stay There Shadow I got works are a great base for this too! 
*omg.  awesome catepillar brows.  glad I dont have to deal with that anymore.  lol



Eye Lining Tutorial
This kit comes with 3 different brush heads, one handle, and a case for them to be stored.  They snap on & off the handle easily.  



 Smoky V
   
I really like this tutorial/kit.  The V brush is great for creating a smoky look, especially for someone that isn't sure where to apply the color.  I love the color Pacific Heights, it's a pretty light gray purple. 



Foiled Eye

This tutorial is awesome!  Just by adding a little water to the eyeshadow you can achieve a completely different look.  It makes the eyeshadow look textured & shiny.  Very fun for a night out at the club, or if you want to catch someones eye.



I am very happy with my purchase.  I've been using the kits all weekend & I really love them.  The colors within the 4 kits are all pretty much dark smoky colors, blacks grays browns, so I will definitly be purchasing some other colors, maybe purple & greens, in the near future.


I <3 Bare Escentuals!